Looking to upgrade your luggage at an affordable price? Look no further than the Away Suitcase. Receive $20 off your Away Suitcase by clicking that link, no promo code needed.
Away Suitcase Costs:
Starting at $225, the Away Suitcase Carry On is the perfect addition or replacement to your current carry on. There are 3 other larger models, the Larger Carry On ($245), the Medium Away Suitcase ($275), and the Large Away Suitcase ($295). There are also combinations where you can get a discount for purchasing multiple suitcases, the discount is usually $25 when purchasing two suitcases, but can be as much as $120 if you’re looking for a full set of 3 pieces for $695. Don’t forget if you use my link you’ll get an additional $20 off your purchase, making that a $140 savings! In order to see the $20 discount make sure you go through the checkout process and input your email, at that point in the checkout flow you’ll see the price in the cart change.
Away Suitcase Review:
I feel like I constantly see Away suitcase ads in my Facebook feed and in the NYC subway. But perhaps it’s because I love to travel and Facebook has done a good job in targeting me. Whatever it is, it worked. I had always been opposed to spending $200+ on carry on luggage, but now that I’m 2 months in, I couldn’t be happier.
I have used it for 10 trips at this point and I am very happy with how it’s stood up thus far. This is a major upgrade from the Samsonite carry on I purchased 5 years ago. My biggest gripe with that old Samsonite was that it constantly fell over with awful balance, I have no such problem with my Away luggage.
Away Suitcase Carry On Pros:
- Lightweight with good balance. It comes in at only 7.2 lbs, and has 4 360° Hinomoto double-wheel spinners. You can easily stack another item on top of this and don’t have to worry about it toppling over.
- Built in TSA approved lock to the zippers. I’ve lost a number of locks over the years, so this is a nice feature as well.
- 2 Built in USB charging ports with a 10,000 mAh battery. A must for just about anyone at this point, since we’re constantly traveling with multiple devices.
- Compression straps to optimize storage. This might be my favorite feature as a habitual over-packer. It allows me to squeeze in those unnecessary outfits I’ll never wear!
- Dirty laundry bag that is easily stored at the bottom of the bag in it’s own zippered compartment when not in use.
- Full Zip container to separate loose items.
- 100 days to try your suitcase, and you can return it for free with no questions asked. This is where the Away Suitcase really puts it’s money it’s mouth is.
- Lifetime guarantee on everything except for the battery (which is a 2 year warranty).
Away Suitcase Carry On Cons:
- It could probably squeeze in another couple of liters in space, but to air on the side of caution. 38L is just fine, I think I’m being nitpicky here. It turns out after I had purchased the original, they came out with a larger carry on that is 46L, which is perfect in my opinion. I actually upgraded to that version and I love it!
- The finish – After some general wear and tear it seems to have marks on the luggage.
- Removing the battery – It comes with a screwdriver, but it wasn’t clear to me exactly how to remove the battery. While I don’t think you’d need to remove the battery while flying in the US, there could be issues elsewhere in the world. Apparently it’s more of an issue if you’re flying out of Asia, so make sure you know how to remove it before you fly over there.
Away Suitcase Conclusion:
I think the Away Suitcase is a great addition to any traveler’s arsenal. The fact that you get 100 days to try it or return it for free makes it a no brainer to give it a try. I think you’ll be very happy with your decision. If you’ve tried the Away suitcase let me know what you think in the comments. I loved them so much that I added the larger carry on, the medium suitcase and the large suitcase as a matching set.
(Disclaimer: This is not a sponsored post. This is a 100% genuine review. If you want to help support me, please buy through my link.)